Friday, February 10, 2012

25 Weeks

So friends,
I don't know if the baby is having a growth spurt but I have been so hungry this week!

I went to the doctor on Monday and everything looked good. The baby had a heart rate of 157 bpm. I also had my gestational diabetes screening. The test wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. The only person I talked to that made me feel like it wasn't too bad was my S.I.L. Amber. I actually had a choice between flavors (orange or fruit punch) and I chose fruit punch. It seriously tasted like too sweet Hawaiian Punch. I didn't have anyone to drive me around after I drank the drink so I had to stay at the lab for an hour and then they drew my blood. I am really glad I had that particular lab tech because he is my favorite! For those wondering about the no driving rule LabCorp sets, it is because some people have a reaction to the drink where they black out, pass out, or vomit. If you vomit you have to come in another day to retake the test.

I got my results back on Tuesday and they were good. I don't have to take the 3 hour screening based on the results! I get to have another sono at my appointment next month and I can't wait!

Week 25 Update:

Baby size: about 9" crown to rump or about 13.5" crown to feet.

Visual Changes in Mama: My belly button is getting less deep!

Symptoms: No difference from last week.

Cravings: I really want Parkway cheese sticks or Olive Garden

Fun Facts: Capillaries are forming and filling with blood. Baby's nostrils are beginning to open and vocal cords are forming and can cause hiccups!

No comments: