Saturday, March 17, 2012

30 Weeks! Oh My!

Oh Friends!

10 more weeks until my due date! 5 more weeks until my baby shower! I am so excited! It is so close but still so far!

This week was interesting. Matt had a gig in Arlington on Sunday so we went on Saturday and stayed the night. We mainly just hung out until church at St. Matthew's at 5:30. We then went to a Mexican grocery store where Matt was the only white guy in the entire store and I was the only Hispanic that couldn't speak Spanish. It was an adventure! After that we just went back to our hotel and watched a movie and ate leftovers and the dessert we picked up at the store.

Sunday we spent the day at Six Flags! Falls County played in the Texas area on the Back Porch Stage. It was so much fun. We walked a lot but I got to rest while the others rode rides! I also got to do a lot of stroller watching duty with Sara Molina as she doesn't like to ride the rides. We were at the park from about 10:30 that morning until 7:15 that evening. The day started off rainy but around 1pm turned into an amazing day! Not a cloud in the sky and just the right temperature.

Monday was a day of extreme rest for me. I woke up so tired and sore from walking; I thought my legs were going to pop off at the hips! It was a great workout but I guess my body isn't used to walking quite that much!

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. School was on Spring Break so I didn't have Religious Education to teach. I was grateful for that as the kids have been getting quite rowdy.

Thursday we went to Steve and Linda's to find a great play buddy there! Our nephew Wesley was there and we hung out and played with him in the front yard for a while. Friday we rode our bikes to S&L's so Matt could walk the dogs and we hung out there for a while just talking. Later Jamie, Eric and Wes came over and visited for a while. It was great to get to talk to them for a while.

I forgot to mention it in the past weeks but the Linea Nigra has emerged on my belly! All it is a pregnancy hormones causing hyper-pigmentation to my Linea Alba, the white line that runs down the middle of the belly. It is natural and happens more often with women with darker skin. An old wives tale says that if the line only runs from your pubic area to your belly button you are having a girl and if it goes to your rib cage then you are having a boy. Well Clara's last sono showed all girl and my L.N. goes all the way to my ribs. Hmm... silly old wives!

Now for the update!

30 Week update

Baby size: About 17"

Visual Changes in Mama:Even more round and hard. My belly changes everyday!

Symptoms: So sleepy! Also my back kills me by the time I go to bed.

Cravings: Ever since we got a Sonic in town again I have been wanting strawberry limeades and lime slushes! Also cheese sticks! Mmm...

Fun Facts: Baby's brain is beginning to handle functions like body temperature. Now that she can begin to warm herself and she is gaining body fat to help stay warm, the lanugo that was covering the baby will begin to fall out.

No comments: