Monday, April 30, 2012

Late again... I know... 36+ weeks

Well friends,

I know I am yet again late at posting a blog, and yes, I know that it has been over 3 weeks since I have last posted!

I am currently 36w, 3d along in my pregnancy and since I have talked to you last, I have had 2 doctor appointments, a baby shower, a 30th anniversary celebration for my in-laws and many, many boring days with swollen feet, ankles, and hands.

I will begin with my baby shower. The decorations and food was amazing and the hosts did a fantastic job at putting everything together! I received so many great gifts at the shower that I am currently still trying to find places to put everything. I am still getting gifts in the mail as well. It is somewhat overwhelming to receive so many gifts from people that care about you and I can't express how much Matt and I appreciate it all!

The anniversary celebration for Steve and Linda was so fun. It was just Steve, Linda, us "kids" and Linda's brother, Kevin. We had it at the farm and had sandwiches, drinks, and a very pretty and yummy cake! It was a surprise for them both and I am so glad we pulled it off without them finding out!

Now the doctor appointments. The one at my 35 week mark was pretty ordinary in that she measured my tummy and again said I am measuring early. I also had 2 tests done, one at the clinic and one blood test at the lab. The clinic test was for Type B Strep. They swab your "area" to see if you have it because it can be passed onto the baby when they are born. If you have it they will administer a antibiotic into your IV to clear it all up. Thankfully I don't have it!!! The second test is a HIV test and a test for blood levels especially iron. That test also came back great!

This last appointment, 36 weeks, I was measuring a little over 37cm. After the appointment I looked that number up and that is the size a 37 week pregnant lady should be. So odds are I will deliver early! She also reiterated the times I should call the office and begin heading to the hospital. I will go to the doctor again this Wednesday (I am now going weekly) and she will measure my tummy as well as examine my cervix to see if it is dilated at all. We will see but I am hoping to deliver sooner rather than later. I have also gained too much weight at this appointment but after looking me over Dr. Horth believes it to be all swelling.

This week has been pretty rough on me swelling wise. It seems that anytime I walk for more than a few minutes I swell badly. My ankles, feet and toes look awful. My wrists and fingers swell as well but I usually wake up with these swollen, sausage looking appendages that are so big that I have a hard time flexing them! It is no fun but I know that once Clara is here, it will all get better! The doctor has told me to stay off my feet as much as I can to try and get the swelling under control.

Other than that I have nothing new going on. I am resting more because of the swelling and I am still trying to get everything ready for Clara's arrival.

36 Week Update

Baby size: 19-20 inches and around 6 pounds

Visual changes in Mama: Clara is starting to drop down.

Symptoms: Swelling and frequent urination.

Cravings: fried pickles and Olive Garden bread sticks

No comments: