Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yet another late update...

I know friends; It's Tuesday and I am late with this post. At this moment I am 16 weeks, 4 days. Hopefully I will be able to post on time (Friday) this week!
I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. Not a sonogram appointment sadly but just a check up. I saw Dr. Horth again this visit and she was great, as usual. I got to hear the baby's hearbeat on a small monitor. The heartrate was 159 BPM and was very strong. All the soreness and discomfort I have been feeling are all normal "growing pains" and the baby and I are doing great!

Last week was pretty slow. I got an early Christmas gift from Matt and am extremely happy about it! He bought me a couch, loveseat, and a recliner. He of course claimed the recliner as soon as it was put together but I don't mind!

The rest of the week was pretty standard. I substituted at the junior high a couple days. Cleaned the house and FINALLY got my Christmas decorations up. I did learn a valuable lesson this week: When you are pregnant, two hours of wrapping gifts on a wood floor is not a good idea! The whole rest of the day and most of the next day, my back was screaming at me! Lesson Learned!

16 Week Update

Baby size: About 4-1/2 inches long and weighs about 3-1/2 ounces!
Mama weight gain: +5 pounds since my first doctor's appointment
Visual Changes in Mama: Getting bigger and bigger every day!
Symptoms: Nausea if I eat too much.
Cravings: Gala Apples, Pickles, biscuits, and ice water.
Fun Facts: His or her circulatory system is developed — the heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood each day.

No comments: