Monday, January 2, 2012

19 weeks and a few days...

Sorry friends,

The past few weeks have been hectic to say the least. Trying to get Christmas gifts bought/made and wrapped was itself a huge task then making food for several get togethers and making sure we knew what times to be at said places! Phew! Now that I have gotten through Christmas and the New Year, I can do the fun stuff like blogging and sleeping regularly!

The most notable thing about Christmas besides being with family is that I felt the baby move a little at the end of the week! Little nudges that I at first thought were gas but realized that gas bubbles didn't feel like that! It was wonderful! And I don't know how to explain the feelings other that it truly feels a bit like gas bubbles moving but a little different.

This week has been relaxing and fun. Matt was off work the week after Christmas so we got to spend it together. We lounged most of the week although we always had goals set to finish throughout the day (i.e. finish the laundry or clean the kitchen). I have been feeling great and I can't wait for next week (Jan. 9) because we will be going to a sonogram that will, hopefully, tell us if we are having a boy or girl! :)

Week 19 Update:

Baby Size: 6 inches head to rump or about 10 inches head to feet.

Mama Weight Gain: Honestly, I haven't weighed myself in over a month so after this week I will be removing this update!

Visual Changes in Mama: I'm not really sure how much I have changed looking at me head on but from the side I am definitely a lot more round.

Symptoms: Nausea if I don't eat every few hours.

Cravings: Gala Apples, pickles, and ice water with lime

Fun Facts: Vernix Caseosa, a greasy white film, is now protecting the baby's skin from amniotic fluid. This film is what keeps the baby, at birth, from looking "prune-y", much like after a person takes a long bath!

No comments: