Monday, January 16, 2012

21 Weeks...

Hey Friends!

On Monday we had a sonogram and a doctor appointment, and I learned new things about the baby!

First I found out that I have an Anterior Placenta which isn't bad unless the placenta is in the Placenta Praevia position. An anterior placenta is just the placenta has implanted on the opposite side of my uterus, so it is closer to my belly button instead of my spine. But the placenta is far enough away from my cervix that the tech and the doctor aren't worried at all about praevia which is when the placenta is over the cervix.

The next thing we found out is that the baby is growing great and the due date is still May 25th!

Lastly we found out the gender of the baby!!! All signs point to a GIRL!!! We are so excited and are trying to decide on a name for her! I can not wait to start buying girl stuff and getting the room ready for her!

Week 21 Update:

Baby Size: 7-1/4 inches head to rump or 10.8 inches head to feet.

Visual Changes in Mommy: Getting bigger and more round

Symptoms: Nothing sickly but I have been having really bad back pain.

Cravings: Gala apples, Flamin' hot Cheetos, frozen fruit, and veggies with ranch dip.

Fun Facts: Legs and arms are in proportion. Motion is more coodinated because neurons are connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage is turned to bone. Lastly baby is getting to learn tastes from what you eat! Spicy or Sweet the baby will now be able to tell the difference!

No comments: