Sunday, October 30, 2011

10 Weeks (and 2 days)

So Friends,
I spoke too soon. This week has been pretty rough. I have been so nauseated that some days I can't function until the afternoon. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't even substitute teach!

On Friday (my 10 week mark) I went to Falls County's show in Stephenville with Matt; I think I may have overdone it with no nap and constantly moving. I woke up after about an hour of sleep with bad stomach cramps, and that night I threw up. That is the first time during my pregnancy that I have vomited. Afterward I couldn't get back to sleep and the whole next day I felt really awful.

When we got home Matt let me take a really long nap and I felt better. We went to Linda and Steve's that evening, because the whole family was in town! Our niece, Stevie Reese, was being baptized this morning and Nathan, Amber, Stevie, Eric, Jamie, and Wesley got to town Saturday afternoon. We got to visit and spend time with everyone and had a great time! Stevie was great during the baptism and didn't even cry when the holy water was poured over her head! After church I felt bad again and Matt tucked me into bed for a nap before going to visit with everyone at his parents' house.

Matt has been wonderful and a great help around the house. When I feel bad, he makes sure I get a nap and water, and most days he will help me with my chores when I am behind. I know that all these days I feel bad are for a great reason and I will get to meet that little person in less than 30 weeks. I am blessed to have an amazing husband to help me when I need it, a great family to lean on, and awesome friends to talk to when I am down! I love you all and I hope y'all know that!

God Bless and here is my new update:


10 Week update:

Baby size: 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 inches (about the size of small plum)

Mama weight gain: +1 more pounds (total 8 pounds lost)

Visual Changes in Mama: I am showing in my clothes now! Looks like I'm just chubby but the belly is getting bigger!

Symptoms: This week I am feeling like a walking Pepto commercial... nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, and fatigue (nope no diarrhea)

Cravings: fruit, pickles, and garlic bread.

Fun Facts: Teeth buds are forming! Stomach is producing digestive juices and the kidneys are functioning properly!

No comments: