Friday, October 14, 2011

8 weeks and feeling... tired.

Hello Friends!

Last week I forgot to talk about something that I found out about my body. When we were in our sonogram my uterus didn't look as full as I had expected. The sono tech said that I have what is called a Retroverted Uterus. This is also referred to as a Tilted or Tipped Uterus. What that means is, instead of tilting forward and sitting on my bladder, my uterus is tilted backwards toward my spine. About 20-35% of women have a tilted uterus, and by weeks 10-12 my uterus will have angled back to the front. This is the reason that I have not been visiting the toilet as much as many pregnant women! I have linked a couple different websites up above if you want more information about retroversion of the uterus.

I have been getting lots of questions lately, spanning from "how are you feeling?" to "aren't you excited that you are finally having a baby?". The second question is the one I will be talking about today.

I don't believe "finally" is the word I would use because Matt and I have only been actively TTC for a couple months(since July). At my yearly doctor visit, I was tested for rubella and cystic fibrosis. Both of which came back in my favor. I began tracking my Basal Body Temperature and my ovulation with an ovulation test kit. No, I didn't expect to get pregnant this soon because I have PCOS and I don't have regular periods. I thought I would have to be put on Clomid to help me ovulate. In short, by the grace of God, we got pregnant on our first try. I had already ovulated in July so we had to wait until August to begin TTC.

When we got married, we decided to wait a few years before having kids because we wanted time to just spend together as a couple. Last year we stopped preventing child birth with the mindset of "if it happens, it happens", and this year we decided this is the year for us! I know for most people, kids are the next step after marriage but for us we just wanted that time. I pray for the people that have trouble conceiving because I know that worry about ovulation and PCOS. We were lucky, we prayed about it, and now we are having a baby! All you can do is try, pray and never stop hoping! Goodbye friends! Until next time I leave you with an update!

8 Week update:

Baby size: 1/2-3/4 of an inch (about the size of pinto bean)

Mama weight gain: -4 more pounds (total 6 pounds lost)

Visual Changes in Mama: None that anyone would notice but I can no longer button any of my jeans.

Symptoms: Same as last week but add on fatigue.

Cravings: Gala Apples with peanut butter and frozen yogurt.

Fun Facts: Eyelids, ears, fingers, toes and nose are forming!

No comments: