Friday, October 7, 2011

New member of our family!

That's right friends; I'm pregnant! Yesterday I went to my first doctor's appointment at the Women's Clinic and it was the longest doctor visit EVER! Even bringing paperwork that I filled out beforehand the appointment lasted 2 hours. So I filled out more paperwork and was shown where to put my urine cup (ladies, you have to pee in a cup at every appointment).

I am 7 weeks today (Friday), although in going to the doctor yesterday we thought over 8 weeks based on my last menstrual cycle. My new due date is May 25.

We started our visit with a sonogram. They measured Baby S several times and the average came to 6 weeks and 6 days (+/- 4 days). We also got to see and hear the heartbeat. Hearing your baby's heartbeat is to most amazing feeling in the world! The baby had a heart rate of 131 bpm. The sono tech said that is great and that they look for a rate of 110+ at this point. I can't believe that that rate will only get higher!

Next came a chat with the nurse practitioner (I didn't get to see Dr. Horth at this visit). This lasted a while as it was to ask all the questions that I had already answered on my paperwork including my health history, Matt's health history and our family health history. Also at this point she asked if we picked out a pediatrician... I am still amazed that I have a little person inside me; how can I pick out a child doctor?! I will be asking you, friends, about doctors in Wichita Falls and Graham.

After our chat with Kim, the nurse, we went to our room where I was to have a pelvic exam done. Before the exam I received a flu shot. *yay* The pelvic exam was less than exciting, other than the fact that my cervix looked great. This is the point where you think things are done? WRONG!

After a pelvic exam we got to visit a lady that explained how much money we would owe for all the doctor visits as well as the delivery. I will not tell you how much that came out to but Matt and I will be accepting monetary donations. ;-) All I have to say it that I am so thankful that Air Tractor has such great insurance.

After talking to the finance lady, we had to go over to LabCorp to visit the blood sucking lady. I had blood drawn (5 vials) and yet another urine cup to fill up!

Here is where the visit FINALLY ends! Me, light headed and starving, with a little more flu vaccine and a bit less blood.

Sorry friends but I will not be posting a picture of the baby yet after a long talk with Matt. Maybe a little farther along. I will be posting weekly updates and, for your enjoyment, belly pictures at random points.

Week 7 update:

Baby size: About 9mm (about the size of BB pellet)

Mama weight gain: -2 pounds

Visual Changes in Mama: None although my jeans are getting uncomfortable. They tell me that it is mainly water weight.

Symptoms: Hungry most of the day, thirsty constantly, and pretty much constant nausea

Cravings: Popcorn and pickles

Fun Facts: By the end of week 7 Baby S will have doubled in size!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We have used Steve Jones in Graham for years & love him. Congrats!